Welcome to the craziness....

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Random Rainy Day List...


...it's raining.
A cold rain at that.
Something tells me I need a nap.
Honestly, I don't have much to say (or at least that's what I am thinking....20 words into this post)

So in honor of my lack of information I give you a list of useless information.

1. I did the new update on my iphone. I am usually terrible at those updates because it would involve actually plugging my phone into the computer, and leaving it alone for a full 5 minutes. I mean, you get that warning that says "sync in progress"...I don't want to mess with syncing...it sounds serious. Anyway, I am all up to date now. Not sure what that means except that I am certain my phone may be a little faster now. Or maybe it's all in my head?

2. I have successfully picked out all of the good candy in the kids Halloween bags.
I wonder if my parents did that to mine? Mom? Dad?
I woulda been so mad.
Plus, they had me convinced they didn't eat candy because it would "rot your teeth outta your head"....pretty certain I have used that line on my kids. And I am definitely eating their candy.
However, I am certain that you all will think I'm crazy because I was not pleased with my kids loot...it was ALL candy bars... I mean, where are the sweet tarts, gummy candy, starbursts, and skittles... It seems we have a truckload of mini Snickers.
Boo!
And I don't mean that in the Halloween spooky greeting kinda way...

3. Did y'all realize it is almost time to put the tree up again? Is it me or did we just take it down?
Oh wait, yes, we did just take the tree down.

4. I just remembered I started something last week called "Ten Things Tuesday"...that didn't last long did it?? I'll try and work on that...in the meantime consider this your consolation prize.

5. I admire single parents. I do. I mean I really do. The hubs has been traveling a LOT lately... I try and give him grief about things like, oh, I don't know, leaving the tree up until August. But hands down he is a WONDERFUL father. My kids are blessed that where I lack in patience he makes up for it. For instance we are in this phase that goes something like this...
Momma, why is the sky blue?
Momma, why is the guy on TV wearing a red shirt?
Momma, what was the name of the mascot for Central Michigan, that team UK actually beat?
And what was the score of that game?
Momma, what was the name of the pink fairy on Tinkerbell and the great fairy rescue? And the yellow one?
Momma, what is the name of the teacup boy on the Belle movie? And why is his name Chip?

You get the picture.

Well, these questions usually all come at 8:30 at night.
At bedtime.
Momma is tired.

So my answer is usually some irritated version of, "I don't knooooowwww. Why do you ask so may questions?!?!"

I can't tell you how many times I have come out their rooms, even though I am "so tired" to get on the computer and I see google, wikipedia, or what have you and it's pulled up with a question on there like, "Why are there rings on Saturn?".

Bless his heart. He wants to give them an answer. I just want to go to bed.

So daddy, please come home soon...we have a whole list of questions waiting on you.

Happy Thursday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment