Welcome to the craziness....

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our favorite Uncle...

We have been blessed with a fabulous Uncle... He married my beautiful sister, Tyler, last September. They are the cutest couple...if I must say so myself. Aren't they cute???


My children, (especially my oldest, Will) absolutely LOVE Uncle Slade. And poor Uncle Slade lets Will jump, bounce, tackle, wrestle, and everything else all over him every time we see him!
Sadly....it is going to be 6 more months before we see him again... You see, Uncle Slade is a marine. He is in Afghanistan, serving our country. This makes him an even bigger hero in our eyes! We miss him so much, and cannot wait until he comes home!



Earlier this week we decided to make a birthday package for him (his birthday is August 22nd). My sister Tyler, (his wife) told me the one thing he REALLY wanted was a pillow. Yes, a pillow. He has NO pillow! He is sleeping in 110 degree heat, risking his life, sleeping on his backpack! Seriously?!?!?!
Welllll, when I heard that, I had to help! There is this fabulous pillow at Brookstone that sort of feels like what I'd imagine the pillows in heaven feel like. Uncle Slade MUST have this pillow. Done deal. See pillow below. I tell ya...HEAVENLY. (By the way...this isn't me...but I am pretty sure I'd have that same dreamy look on my face if I were laying on this pillow)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my pillow...I take it everywhere. I cannot imagine not having a pillow. So glad our favorite soldier will soon be resting his head on a little slice of heaven!

We also had to include a few homemade goodies!
Homemade PB cookies...


Homemade granola crunch bars...


And then a few other odds and ends... And my personal favorite, a little Happy Birthday message from us!


We can't wait to see you soon Uncle Slade...hope you enjoy your package!

No comments:

Post a Comment